Alumni/ae Board of Governors at Bard College 2019 – Present
The Bard College Alumni/ae Association exists to strengthen the Bard community by informing alumni/ae about the ongoing life of the College and its alumni/ae, promoting interactions between all alumni/ae, and encouraging lifelong connection, support, and loyalty to the College.
Board of Directors, Volunteer Committee, Reading Series Coordinator & Host at 826NYC, 2015 – Present
• Plan & organize fundraising and cultivation events, ie. 826NYC 15 Year Anniversary Gala (the chapter’s first ever Gala), Anniversary Gift Campaign, Spring Appeal
• Provide strategic oversight as to how 826NYC can direct staff, volunteers, and current supporters to better support the organization
• Propose & organize long-standing volunteer appreciation events in alignment with the 826NYC brand and needs, as well as smaller scale, program-based appreciation events
• Volunteer outreach; develop and launch Volunteer Mentorship Program, serve as the contact for new volunteers after orientations who indicated interest
• Serve as Co-Chair for 826NYC Youth Inc. Gala
• Coordinate and host 826NYC/Pete’s Candy Store Reading Series
Regional Writing Juror, Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, 2015 – 2019
Evaluate and judge submissions for the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, the nation’s longest-running and most prestigious recognition initiative for creative teens.
Volunteer at New York Cares, 2015 – Present
Coat Drive Team Leader at New York Cares, 2016
Volunteer Teaching Assistant at Educational Alliance, 2016
Provide assistance to teachers and camp counselors at Educational Alliance Summer Programs. Tutor and mentor students in creative writing.
Co-Organizer, The Bureau of Imaginative Proposals, Poetry & Political Theory Conference at The New School, 2016
Worked with fellow Masters and PhD Candidates from NYU, Columbia and The New School to organize the inaugeral Bureau of Imaginative Proposals: a discussion-based philosophy, poetry and political theory conference.
• Assisted with social media, marketing and planning
• Sought out and successfully booked key-note speakers
Volunteer, Adult Learning Center at Queens Library, 2015
Worked with English language learners and senior citizens at The Adult Learning Center at Queens Library Summer Program. Tutored in basic computer skills, ie. typing, Microsoft Word, Excel.
Volunteer, Math Enrichment at Grand Street Settlement, 2015
Provided assistance to teachers and camp counselors at Grand Street Settlement Summer Programs. Tutored students in math-skills and led educational activities.
Volunteer, Participant at Toys of Hope Adopt-A-Family Program, 2016
Volunteer, Participant at Friends of Karen Holiday Adopt-A-Family Program, 2016
Star Walker at AIDS Walk New York, 2015 – Present