Highly creative, versatile and humorous writer for fast-paced, high-volume publications in wellness, sexual identity and health, self-care, relationships, physical and mental health, arts, culture, beauty, entertainment and fashion. Capable at identifying trends and producing high-quality content across various social media platforms, blogs and websites. Success in conducting in-depth research to generate thoughtful, educational articles with a genuine, humorous and conversational tone. Skilled at building rapport with clients and increasing readership; history of interviewing celebrities, high-profile figures, etc. Areas of Expertise include:
Contributing Writer & Editor, Various, 2011 – Present
Determine clients’ needs through direct communications and project pitches. Write, edit and polish lifestyle and entertainment pieces, as well as personal essays, for various clients. Assist with ongoing revisions as needed.
- Clients include: Teen Vogue, HuffPost, Man Repeller, Healthline, SpinMedia (VIBE, Idolator, Celebuzz), Bushwick Daily, Thought Catalog, The New School’s Inquisitive Eater, YSBNow and The Pink Canoe.
Wellness Writer at Teen Vogue, 2016 – Present
Identify and research trending topics to boost audience views for Teen Vogue’s Wellness Vertical. Pitch stories to creative team and produce stories alongside the editor.
- Generate multiple top-notch, inspiring and popular articles across wellness, physical and mental health, gender and sexuality, relationships, dating, identity, etc.
Writing Teacher & Tutor | Volunteer Committee & Board Member | Reading Series Host & Coordinator at 826NYC, 2015 – Present
Devise strategies to promote brand presence across in-network social media and events for a non-profit organized dedicated to assisting and educating youths. Orchestrate publicity tactics, project oversight and administrative support (including budgeting). Hire Executive Director; set and enforce performance goals and expectations. Support youths in complete writing (expository, creative) processes – brainstorming, research, editing, revisions, etc. -, while organizing events and activities.
- Recognized for achieving the highest amount in fundraising activities.
- Coordinate outreach efforts for volunteers; establish and lead multiple programs, fundraising and cultivation events – Volunteer Mentorship Program, campaigns, 15-year anniversary gala, monthly reading series, etc.
Writer, HuffPost Women (2011 – 2015) | Editorial Fellow (2013), HuffPost, 2011 – Present
Conducted research (viral content, videos, etc.), collected data and pitched ideas to creative executives for stories, shareable content, personal essays and articles; generated aggregated content and headlines. Partnered with editorial team on time sensitive pieces for a highly versatile magazine/blog produced locally and internationally.
- Increased consumer engagement and digital circulation by producing highly compelling content (Editorial Fellow).
- Eliminated errors and boosted accuracy of existing pieces through thorough content editing.
Production Assistant, “30 Rock,” NBCUniversal, July 2012 – December 2012
Collaborated with creative professionals (producers, actors, extras, etc.) during pre- and post-production phases of NBC’s award-winning American sitcom, “30 Rock.” Provided on set and backstage support, from copying and distributing scripts to setting up read-throughs, corporate events and series wrap party.
Editorial and Production Internship Experience with SpinMedia, Inc., The Huffington Post, Warner Bros/Mad Chance Productions and NonFiction Unlimited. Experience as a Prison Writing Mentor with Pen America.
Member of the Bard College Alumni/ae Board of Governors
Education & Training
The New School, Master of Arts (MA), Media Studies, 2019 (expected)
Minor in Gender & Sexuality Studies
The New School, Master of Fine Arts (MFA), Creative Writing, Nonfiction, 2016
Bard College, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Written Arts, Film, 2013
Alumni/ae Board of Governors at Bard College 2019 – Present
The Bard College Alumni/ae Association exists to strengthen the Bard community by informing alumni/ae about the ongoing life of the College and its alumni/ae, promoting interactions between all alumni/ae, and encouraging lifelong connection, support, and loyalty to the College.
Board of Directors, Volunteer Committee, Reading Series Coordinator & Host at 826NYC, 2015 – Present
• Plan & organize fundraising and cultivation events, ie. 826NYC 15 Year Anniversary Gala (the chapter’s first ever Gala), Anniversary Gift Campaign, Spring Appeal
• Provide strategic oversight as to how 826NYC can direct staff, volunteers, and current supporters to better support the organization
• Propose & organize long-standing volunteer appreciation events in alignment with the 826NYC brand and needs, as well as smaller scale, program-based appreciation events
• Volunteer outreach; develop and launch Volunteer Mentorship Program, serve as the contact for new volunteers after orientations who indicated interest
• Serve as Co-Chair for 826NYC Youth Inc. Gala
• Coordinate and host 826NYC/Pete’s Candy Store Reading Series
Regional Writing Juror, Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, 2015 – 2019
Evaluate and judge submissions for the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, the nation’s longest-running and most prestigious recognition initiative for creative teens.
Volunteer at New York Cares, 2015 – Present
Coat Drive Team Leader at New York Cares, 2016
Volunteer Teaching Assistant at Educational Alliance, 2016
Provide assistance to teachers and camp counselors at Educational Alliance Summer Programs. Tutor and mentor students in creative writing.
Co-Organizer, The Bureau of Imaginative Proposals, Poetry & Political Theory Conference at The New School, 2016
Worked with fellow Masters and PhD Candidates from NYU, Columbia and The New School to organize the inaugeral Bureau of Imaginative Proposals: a discussion-based philosophy, poetry and political theory conference.
• Assisted with social media, marketing and planning
• Sought out and successfully booked key-note speakers
Volunteer, Adult Learning Center at Queens Library, 2015
Worked with English language learners and senior citizens at The Adult Learning Center at Queens Library Summer Program. Tutored in basic computer skills, ie. typing, Microsoft Word, Excel.
Volunteer, Math Enrichment at Grand Street Settlement, 2015
Provided assistance to teachers and camp counselors at Grand Street Settlement Summer Programs. Tutored students in math-skills and led educational activities.
Volunteer, Participant at Toys of Hope Adopt-A-Family Program, 2016
Volunteer, Participant at Friends of Karen Holiday Adopt-A-Family Program, 2016
Star Walker at AIDS Walk New York, 2015 – Present
Master’s Thesis, Dinner With Virginia (Creative), 2016
An analysis of Virginia Woolf’s relationship with food and its impact on her writing, relationships, and physical and mental health. This project explores the universal experience of women as artists, from Victorian England to present day, through their trouble with eating, alleged insanity, and the men who force- feed them, diagnosing them as such.
Sources include Woolf’s novels, autobiographies, letters, journals, first-hand accounts and medical history, including doctors’ official diagnoses.
Master’s Thesis, Women of Joyce (Critical), 2016
Critical analysis of the women in James Joyce’s novels – Dubliners, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, Ulysses – and how Nora Barnacle influenced them.
Honors and Awards
The New School: Dean’s Merit Scholarship, Media Studies
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding graduate students. Awarded in 2018 and 2019.
The New School: Dean’s Merit Scholarship, Creative Writing
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding graduate students. Awarded in 2014 and 2015.