The New School, Master of Arts (MA), Media Studies, 2019 (expected)
Minor in Gender & Sexuality Studies
The New School, Master of Fine Arts (MFA), Creative Writing, Nonfiction, 2016
Bard College, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Written Arts, Film, 2013
Freelance Writer, Self-Employed, 2012 – Present
PEN Prison Writing Mentor, PEN America, February 2018 – Present
Provide one-on-one writing assistance to inmates.
Wellness Writer at Teen Vogue, 2016 – Present
Pitch and produce stories covering physical and mental health, nutrition and fitness, sexual identity and health, and relationships and dating.
Contributing Editor, Bushwick Daily, September 2017 – Present
Writer, Healthline, October 2017 – Present
After-School Tutor, Assistant Writing Teacher, Reading Series Coordinator & Host at 826NYC, 2015 – Present
• Teach and tutor students ages 6-18 with creative and expository writing skills
• Provide homework assistance in all subjects, assist with college preparation
• Provide support and guidance to students through writing process: brainstorming, outlining, researching, writing, editing, revising
Writer at Man Repeller, July 2015 – Present
Contributing Writer, The Huffington Post, 2012 – Present
Editorial Assistant at SpinMedia, Inc., June 2014 – August 2014
• Wrote and aggregated content and headlines, researched and identified viral content and videos, managed social media, assisted with online media and video production.
• Wrote scripts and reported news for VIBE, SPIN, Celebuzz and Idolator.
Editorial Fellow at The Huffington Post, June 2013 – December 2013
• Pitched and produced creative stories, shareable content, personal essays and articles.
• Wrote and aggregated content and headlines, researched and identified viral content and videos, helped edit and improve content.
Production Assistant, “30 Rock,” NBCUniversal, July 2012 – December 2012
• Worked on NBC’s ’30 Rock’
• Assisted with talent, casting, auditions, extras, worked on set and backstage
• Copied and distributed scripts, assisted with post-production, organized read-throughs, corporate events and wrap party.
Editorial Intern at The Huffington Post, June 2011 – August 2011
Production Intern, Mad Chance Productions (Warner Bros. Pictures), 2008 – 2009
Intern at Nonfiction Unlimited Productions, 2007 – 2008
Alumni/ae Board of Governors at Bard College 2019 – Present
The Bard College Alumni/ae Association exists to strengthen the Bard community by informing alumni/ae about the ongoing life of the College and its alumni/ae, promoting interactions between all alumni/ae, and encouraging lifelong connection, support, and loyalty to the College.
Board of Directors, Volunteer Committee, Reading Series Coordinator & Host at 826NYC, 2015 – Present
• Plan & organize fundraising and cultivation events, ie. 826NYC 15 Year Anniversary Gala (the chapter’s first ever Gala), Anniversary Gift Campaign, Spring Appeal
• Provide strategic oversight as to how 826NYC can direct staff, volunteers, and current supporters to better support the organization
• Propose & organize long-standing volunteer appreciation events in alignment with the 826NYC brand and needs, as well as smaller scale, program-based appreciation events
• Volunteer outreach; develop and launch Volunteer Mentorship Program, serve as the contact for new volunteers after orientations who indicated interest
• Serve as Co-Chair for 826NYC Youth Inc. Gala
• Coordinate and host 826NYC/Pete’s Candy Store Reading Series
Regional Writing Juror, Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, 2015 – 2019
Evaluate and judge submissions for the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, the nation’s longest-running and most prestigious recognition initiative for creative teens.
Volunteer at New York Cares, 2015 – Present
Coat Drive Team Leader at New York Cares, 2016
Volunteer Teaching Assistant at Educational Alliance, 2016
Provide assistance to teachers and camp counselors at Educational Alliance Summer Programs. Tutor and mentor students in creative writing.
Co-Organizer, The Bureau of Imaginative Proposals, Poetry & Political Theory Conference at The New School, 2016
Worked with fellow Masters and PhD Candidates from NYU, Columbia and The New School to organize the inaugeral Bureau of Imaginative Proposals: a discussion-based philosophy, poetry and political theory conference.
• Assisted with social media, marketing and planning
• Sought out and successfully booked key-note speakers
Volunteer, Adult Learning Center at Queens Library, 2015
Worked with English language learners and senior citizens at The Adult Learning Center at Queens Library Summer Program. Tutored in basic computer skills, ie. typing, Microsoft Word, Excel.
Volunteer, Math Enrichment at Grand Street Settlement, 2015
Provided assistance to teachers and camp counselors at Grand Street Settlement Summer Programs. Tutored students in math-skills and led educational activities.
Volunteer, Participant at Toys of Hope Adopt-A-Family Program, 2016
Volunteer, Participant at Friends of Karen Holiday Adopt-A-Family Program, 2016
Star Walker at AIDS Walk New York, 2015 – Present
Master’s Thesis, Dinner With Virginia (Creative), 2016
An analysis of Virginia Woolf’s relationship with food and its impact on her writing, relationships, and physical and mental health. This project explores the universal experience of women as artists, from Victorian England to present day, through their trouble with eating, alleged insanity, and the men who force- feed them, diagnosing them as such.
Sources include Woolf’s novels, autobiographies, letters, journals, first-hand accounts and medical history, including doctors’ official diagnoses.
Master’s Thesis, Women of Joyce (Critical), 2016
Critical analysis of the women in James Joyce’s novels – Dubliners, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, Ulysses – and how Nora Barnacle influenced them.
Honors and Awards
The New School: Dean’s Merit Scholarship, Media Studies
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding graduate students.
The New School: Dean’s Merit Scholarship, Creative Writing
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding graduate students. Awarded in 2014 and 2015.
Fingerprint Verification / New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) Security Clearance Requirement
NYC Department of Education